25 Nov 2013
A strong seventh place finish was the highlight of James Moffat's penultimate round of the V8 Supercar season at Phillip Island over the weekend, with the Norton Hornets Nissan Altima driver overcoming multiple setbacks.
Tyres issues in the opening encounter were followed by a pair of off track excursions in the second race, before the strong comeback drive in the finale.
The results have elevated Moffat one position in the championship standings to 16th after 34 of the scheduled 36 races.READ MORE
19 Nov 2013
- Following a difficult weekend on the streets of Surfers Paradise, James Moffat returns to the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit this weekend behind the wheel of the number 360 Norton Hornets Nissan Altima.
- A pair of DNFs on the Gold Coast has seen Moffat drop to 17th in the title hunt, with a strong result on the fast and flowing track set to see him climb back up the points table.
- From this event going forward into 2014, the Norton Hornets have picked up new backing from business management company Sage Business Solutions.
- Moffat has a strong history at Phillip Island, dating back to his debut at the venue in Formula Ford at the 2004 Island Magic meet, which resulted in a second place finish from third on the grid.
- Victory in the Historic Formula Ford category at the 2005 all-historic meet was followed by winning at national level Formula Ford in 2007, which was achieved with a new lap record for the category.
- Podiums followed in 2008 in the Carrera Cup, before Moffat made his main game V8 Supercar debut at the facility for Ford Performance Racing in 2010.
- Moffat's best V8 Supercar result to date at Phillip Island is 16th in 2012.
"It's fantastic for Nissan Motorsport, and in particular the Norton Hornets, to secure backing from Sage for this year and next," said Moffat.READ MORE