22 Oct 2013
- James Moffat and his Norton Hornets team mate Taz Douglas return to the streets of Surfers Paradise for final two-driver enduro of the season this weekend.
- The sinuous layout should play into the strengths of the pair's Nissan Altima, with only a single long straight to deal with on the 2.96km long track.
- Following the Bathurst 1000, where the duo were the leading Nissan home, Moffat remains 14th in the season point score.
- Moffat made his first visit to the concrete canyon in V8 Utes in 2005, with a best race result of second place in race two.
- His next visit in 2008 in the Carrera Cup resulted in the final race and overall round victories.
- The 2011 Gold Coast 600 was a break through meeting for Moffat, who was paired with American ace Joey Hand. After qualifying tenth and improving to sixth in the top-ten shootout, Moffat charged late in the race to finish fourth and set a new lap record.
"I really like the Gold Coast circuit and event. It's one of my favourite race tracks," said Moffat.
"The facts are that we just weren't as competitive as we'd hoped at Sandown and Bathurst, but the Gold Coast should be a different story for our Nissan Altimas.
"The circuit is very narrow and very tight in places and I'm confident that our cars will be quite quick through certain sections.
"We still might struggle to match the most of our rivals down the main straight, but if we get everything right down the beachside of the track, we'll be competitive.
"It was such a buzz to finish fourth in 2011 with Joey Hand. Another half a lap and we would have been on the podium. Having come so close to that, I'm keen to add a surfboard to my trophy collection."
22 Oct 2013
James Moffat and Taz Douglas combined to lead home the Nissan assault in the Bathurst 1000, with the Norton Hornets duo battling through a tough day on the Mountain.
After 161 laps, the pair were classified in 18th position, with their race hindered by early handling issues and a lack of straight line speed.
Throughout the lead up to the event, the outfit showed some strong practice times, however they fought an uphill battle when all cars were fitted with new tyres for qualifying.READ MORE