30 Apr 2013
Norton 360 Racing has finalised its endurance driver line-up for the 2013 V8 Supercars Championship, confirming the signing of young guns Taz Douglas and Daniel Gaunt to the Nissan Motorsport squad.
Douglas will partner James Moffat in the #360 Norton 360 Racing Nissan, while New Zealander Gaunt will drive alongside Caruso in the #36 entry.
Douglas and Gaunt will compete with Moffat and Caruso respectively at the famous Sandown 500, Bathurst 1000 and the Gold Coast 600 races.
The Douglas/Gaunt duo will be race fit for the two-driver events as they are both competing in the Dunlop Development Series this year, driving for rival Ford teams.READ MORE
30 Apr 2013
- James Moffat is back behind the wheel of the Norton 360 Racing Nissan Altima at Barbagallo Raceway this weekend.
- Following a solid last start outing in New Zealand, Moffat sits 15th in the Series pointscore.
- Barbagallo Raceway has been kind to James in the past, with his first visit in 2004 with the Lotus Elise series netting a race win after qualifying second.
- Returning in 2007, Moffat picked up a pair of race wins in the Australian Formula Ford Championship.
- While in Carrera Cup in 2008, Moffat finished second to Craig Baird in race two, and third in race three
"I always look forward to heading over to Perth. I've had a lot of good times there - I won in Formula Ford, had my first Carrera Cup podium. Not that that stuff is completely relevant to this weekend, but it has been a happy hunting ground for us," said James Moffat.
"It should be a great event. The 60/60 Super Sprint format is back. It created some exciting racing at Symmons Plains recently, so the rolling start for the second half of that will be interesting.
"We've just got to keep working on the car and make subtle improvements along the way. The weekend is going be a lot out tyre degradation and looking after your tyres on the soft tyres, especially in the two 100km races on Sunday."
15 Apr 2013
James Moffat impressed again aboard the Norton 360 Racing Nissan Altima, with a pair of top-ten finishes from the latest round of the V8 Supercar Championship in New Zealand.
In Moffat's first ever visit to the daunting Pukekohe Park Raceway, results of ninth and tenth in the afternoon races on both Saturday and Sunday are the best points paying results for the Norton squad this season.
The efforts see Moffat move back up the Championship point score to sit in 15th position after nine races.READ MORE