20 Dec 2013
Nissan Motorsport V8 Supercars driver James Moffat will make his international motor racing debut next month in the 2014 Dubai 24 Hour at the Dubai Autodrome in the United Arab Emirates.
Moffat, the driver of the #360 Norton Nissan Altima in the V8 Supercars Championship, will compete in a Nissan 370Z Nismo for the championship-winning Nissan GT Academy Team RJN in the endurance event, to be held 9-11 January 2014.
The drive will represent the first time that an Australian Nissan driver has been used in the Nismo Global Driver Exchange program, which opens the door for the company's roster of race drivers to compete in different events across the world.READ MORE
12 Dec 2013
James Moffat endured a frustrating and ultimately disappointing end to the 2013 V8 Supercar Championship season, on the streets of Homebush (Sydney) on the weekend.
A lack of pace in his #360 Nissan Altima for the Norton Hornets meant he qualified well down the field for both 250km legs of the season finale.
Then a series of incidents and ultimately an accident put paid to a finish on Saturday, while a mid-race mechanical problem resulted in the same outcome on Sunday.READ MORE
03 Dec 2013
- Norton Hornet's James Moffat returns to Sydney Olympic Park aboard his number 360 Nissan Altima this weekend, looking to finish the season on a strong note.
- Coming into the championship finale, Moffat sits in 16th place in the point standings, with the concrete lined street circuit set to play to the strengths of the Nissan Altima.
- Moffat has a solid history at the facility, dating back to its inaugural event in 2009 when he won the very first V8 Supercar DVS race at the venue from pole position.
- Also in the development series in 2010, Moffat claimed a pair of third place finishes, after storming through the pack from his 13th starting spot for race one.
- Stepping up to the main game in 2011, Moffat registered a best race result of eighth in race one.
- The Saturday race of the 2012 proved to be another highlight. After initially qualifying in eighth, Moffat was ninth fastest in the top ten shootout, before racing to eighth.